Click on the above categories to lean more
During pregnancy, some foods can cause harm to a developing baby.
• Be sure that all meats are thoroughly cooked to avoid exposure to toxoplasmosis, salmonella, and other harmful bacteria. Stay clear of cold cuts and processed meats.
• Reduce or eliminate caffeinated beverages (soda, coffee) from your daily intake.
• Eliminate tobacco smoke and alcohol consumption from your diet.
• Avoid raw fish, such as sushi and shellfish.
• Exclude unpasteurized milk, juice and soft cheese such as feta, blue cheese and brie.